College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry came into existence on 11th January 2007 to strengthen the economy of the Baghelkhand region through animal husbandry. The sprawling campus with lush green pasture is spread over 167 acres of land, which is about 5 Km away from the heart of the Rewa city on the Rewa-Shahdol high-road. The College offers BVSc &A.H degree., as per the norms of Veterinary Council of India (V.C.I.). The College was recognized by Veterinary council of India in 2015 as per extra ordinary Gazette order no:REGD.No.D.L.-33004/99. In the academic year 2016-2017 the University sanctioned permission for the college to start MVSc degree.
- To serve as a center of teaching and research in the field of animal husbandry & allied activities.
- To disseminate technology to farmers, extension personnel's and organizations engaged in agricultural development through various extension activities .
- To conduct teaching, research and extension activities for enhancing productivity, profitability and sustainability of animal husbandry production systems and quality of rural livelihood in Baghelkhand area.
- Teaching: As per guidelines of VCI
- Research: To find innovative inventions and methodologies for the upliftment of animal husbandry Sector of Madhya Pradesh
- Extension: To disseminate newer technologies developed and invented in the field of animal husbandry sector to the farmers and to analyses and solve their field level problems using participatory approaches.