Dr. Sunil Nayak
I/c Director Extension Services
Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University
South Civil lines, Jabalpur (M.P.) – 482001
Phone: 0761- 2629734
Prof. (Dr.) Sunil Nayak is working in the capacity of Professor and Head, Department of Animal Nutrition, College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University, Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh). Influenced by his knowledge, working style & administrative capacity he has been given additional charge of Head, Department of Livestock Products Technology, College of Veterinary Science and A.H., Jabalpur & Director Extension Education, Nanaji Deshmukh Veterinary Science University, Jabalpur (M.P.)
Dr. Nayak was born on 27th June, 1965 in Madhya Pradesh, had good academic records indicated by IIIrd & Ist rank during his Bachelor’s (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) and Master’s degree (M.V.Sc. & A.H.) programme, respectively and Ph.D. degree with Honours. Initially, working in Corporate Sector (SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals & Venkateshwara Hatcheries) on different managerial positions for 05 years, he joined as Assistant Professor in Department of Animal Nutrition, College of Veterinary Science and A.H., NDVSU, Jabalpur (M.P.) in the year 1995. He had 23 years of experience in Teaching, Research and Extension in Animal Science & Animal Husbandry.
He had guided many M.V.Sc. and 02 Ph.D. students as major advisor & handled 2 research projects as Principal Investigator; 3 research projects as Nodal officer. He had published many lead articles & more than 100 research papers in the Journals of National & International repute and about 110 research abstracts has been presented in various National & International Conferences. Major research achievements of Dr. Nayak include contributions in Poultry Nutrition. He is author of 1 book, many technical bulletins, annual reports, 8 manuals, more than 120 popular articles, extension booklets, folder and leaflets. He is life member of 10 different National & International Scientific Societies. He had organized various Kisan Mela, Kisan sangoshthi, Exhibitions & trainings for practicing farmers & farm women, rural youth and extension workers. Dr. Sunil Nayak worked as a member of different Institutional (Public Service Commission, ICAR, Agriculture Service Recruitment Board, Veterinary Council of India, Academic council, Research council, Administrative council and Editorial board) Committees. On account of his scientific recognition and regards, he had been nominated as Vice President of Animal Nutrition Association of India and Executive Member Animal Nutrition Society of India.
- Socioeconomic upliftment of livestock farmers with the adoption of latest scientific animal husbandry technologies.
- Educating the rural livestock owners, unemployed youth and women about scientific and profitable animal husbandry practices..
- Act as bridge between the research scientists, farmers and other beneficiaries to provide feedback.
- Training and capacity building of livestock owners.
- Establishing an effective system of research-extension linkage.
- Integration of information and communication technology with Extension Education.
- To disseminate knowledge/ technology of the institute and provide expertise supports, advisory and consultancy services to the livestock owners.
- To impart training in veterinary and animal husbandry extension to stakeholders.
- To carry out basic and field oriented research in the areas of veterinary extension education.
- Development of sustainable entrepreneurship models for livestock sector
- Socio-economic upliftment of livestock farmers with the adoption of latest scientific animal husbandry technologies.
- Training and capacity building of livestock farmers.
- Impact analysis of animal husbandry technology transfer.
- Formation of livestock farmers associations